Monday, October 6, 2014

Reading Diary Assessment

As far as the length and the requirements of the reading diaries, they have been perfect. All the labels and titles and links are there and are working. However, for some reason the format of some of these posts had some mistakes. Several of them contained a very large, empty space at the bottom of the post, consisting of a bunch of empty lines from when I was fixing the paragraphs. These empty spaces have been removed to relieve any confusion that may have arose with their presence.

Another problem with the posts is that some of them are very very long. The instructions say not to include much of the plot, but all of my notes are fairly heavy not only on my reactions to the plot and characters but a step by step synopsis of the report. Cutting down on the amount of space wasted on plot summary should make the posts shorter and easier to review or look over. I do find that it is easier to remember what I am reacting to if I have some summary, but there should be a limit. For instance, my notes for week 1 are almost entirely a detailed description of the story of Cupid and Psyche until the last couple of lines. It is possible that I was not aware of the correct instructions at the time, but there still remains a trend of lacking analysis in my notes.

So, the bare requirements of the assignment have been met every week, but I could definitely do a better job at being more analytical and succinct to help myself out when I look back over the notes. These notes have been very helpful so far, and I am glad that they are assigned because I cannot remember the reactions I had to the many stories I have read so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment