Monday, December 1, 2014

Week 15 Reading Suggestion Post

For future students taking this class, I would say that the best way to choose a reading is to make sure it holds your interest. If you are entertained while you read the unit, then the assignments will also be entertaining. This learning experience will be more like a break from your other classes rather than work you forgot you had to do. When choosing a unit to read, I picked ones that seemed as if they would have the most drama. The only units I regret reading were ones that I just picked at random instead of browsing their stories a bit. I cannot handle the ones with poetry, but one week I had so much poetry that I did not even understand half the stories.

As far as what I actually enjoyed in the class, I would say doing the readings and retelling my own versions of the story were my favorite. The storybook was fun, but so much work went into those. The storytelling for each week was just short and random, and I just tried to make something that would be fun for the other students to read. When you have to make comments on someone's stories that are just flat out boring, it's the worst. It is not hard to just pick a book or tv show or movie or song and incorporate it into the story. I used Spongebob, pumpkin spice latte, James Bond, Disney, and Doctor Who. Don't be the person who everyone hates to read.

The most difficult thing about this class is that stuff is do every day. During the week, I would always be on top of things, and then I would wait to do all the weekend assignments at once really late, and I did not get to enjoy the other stories as much as I would have liked to.

As far as new units go, I would say that the UnTextbook is working great, but I would like to see more themed units. I picked some that were grouped together from different sources, but all had a relating theme, and those were always entertaining and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment