Monday, August 18, 2014

Week 1: Alaska is Clearly the Best (and one of my Favorite Places)

A couple of weeks ago, I went on family vacation to Alaska, and it provided for some very beautiful photos to be given as reasons for it to be one of my favorite places.

 This is a picture of the Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau, Alaska. 


This picture is the view from port in Skagway, Alaska.


This is the end of the Tracy Fjord. That glacier goes1700 feet further under the water. 


This is also in the Tracy Fjord.

All pictures were taken the first week of August, 2014, by me, on the sites mentioned above. 

1 comment:

  1. What GORGEOUS pictures, JD. Fabulous! Alaska is a place I would love to visit, but I have never been there (my husband has been there a few times, though - lucky guy!). And listen, one of the units I was excited to add to the class with the new UnTextbook is a unit on Native American Alaska legends, and there is also a unit of Eskimo (Inuit) stories. Maybe you will want to give those a try, taking a trip to Alaska by way of stories and imagination! Here are the links:
    Alaska Legends
    Eskimo Legends

    ReplyDelete